| || | submitted by benohanlon to komodoplatform [link] [comments]
https://preview.redd.it/0yq7rwnkjdq11.png?width=1500&format=png&auto=webp&s=950dd49d7e1f7f1e421f7074bd030aec064e6ac7 A total prize pool of 7,000 KMD in our infographic contest
Calling all creatives to take part in our infographic contest and compete for a prize of 7,000 KMD. The winning infographic will explain the architecture of Komodo Platform’s technology. Winners will be those who are able to communicate our architecture and tech visually. This contest will run primarily on Reddit, with the exception of resources being posted to Medium and a master twitter thread for submissions on Twitter. You'll find links at the bottom of this post.
Prizes for winning infographics.
Are you a creative designer? Here's what you can win…
- A grand prize of 5,000 KMD
- Two runner-up prizes of 500 KMD each
- Two third-place prizes of 250 KMD each
Prizes for sharing and giving feedback!
Not a designer? That's OK. You can still participate and win! We'll award five lucky winners 100 KMD each for sharing and promoting the contest. Winners will be picked in a raffle. If you'd like to take part click here https://gleam.io/MwMtO/komodos-20-infographic-contest-5000-kmd-grand-prize
and share this post with your friends.
- Create a high-quality infographic that illustrates the genesis of our platform, the working tech that has been created and how Komodo has been built differently, and deliberately, from the very beginning to ensure security, scalability and interoperability. This is why we refer to the architecture, because Komodo was designed to overcome common problems like congestion, governance and attacks that other platforms did not foresee or prevent, from the beginning. This is Komodo DNA.
- Share your submission far and wide and encourage your friends and followers to vote for you.
- Encourage feedback, ask questions and make your infographic the best that it can be.
Our Criteria to Judge
Please note that upvotes and shares are not the only criteria we'll use to judge winners. While useful, we will value creativity, good questions and discussion on Reddit highly. When sharing your posts you will score more highly if people comment, provide feedback and are engaged.
- How well the infographic conveys our working tech, it's core concepts and plans to build on top of it.
- How well the infographic illustrates our story, purpose and conveys our tech so that it's easy to understand.
- Constructive discussion, questions and feedback on Reddit that lead to improvement.
- Sentiment and comments generated across all our social media. This will not include vanity metrics like likes or shares.
- Upvotes on Reddit for the author's submission post ONLY. All votes will be counted (i.e. doesn't matter which week they were made).
- Retweets of the submission in our master thread ONLY. Include your handle and a cover image in your submission. This means if you promote yourself on Twitter you ought to promote the tweet with your work in it.
How do you win?
You may submit up to two infographics. By submitting an infographic, you understand Komodo may post and use your submissions on our digital channels during and after the contest. Each infographic must have it's own post.
- Create a post on Komodo's subreddit using the 'infographic contest' flair.
- Add the infographic image into the Reddit post.
- Include your Twitter handle.
- Include a social media friendly cover image for us to use when we tweet your submission out.
- Post a link to your submission post here in the comments for all to see.
Contest Timeline Guide (these dates indicative and are subject to change).
- 7th September. Announcement. If you're reading this on Reddit before the big announcement then well done! You have two extra days before this is announced on Friday.
- 10th - 21st September. Research and Questions. We will promote the contest, invite questions and requests for resources, in the comments of this master Reddit post (because this means all information and good questions will be visible to all participants).
- 22nd September. Draft Submissions. Creatives to submit their draft infographics on Reddit. All submissions need to have their own post and then be linked to in the comments of this master post. This is important to remember!
- 24th - 30th September. Feedback. A period of one week will be devoted to promoting the submissions and asking the community and team to give you feedback.
- 1st October. Final Submissions.
- 2nd - 8th October. Voting. A week of promoting your work and at the end we'll count votes, consider feedback and pick our winners.
- 15th October. Winners Declared. The final decision by judges. Votes and community feedback counts towards judging but do not have final say.
If you need help please post in this thread, or email [[email protected]
) with ‘Infographic Contest’ in the subject line.
- A list of resources for the Komodo infographic contest including tools to create infographics.
- Komodo Platform: Redefining The Architecture Of Blockchain Platforms
- A bullet point study aid to help you understand the history of Komodo’s architecture.
- Logo Pack https://komodoplatform.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Komodo-Logo-Pack.zip
- Mylo's notes on Software & Platform Architecture for Designers in the Infographic Contest
- Mylo's Conceptual Model of Architecture
- Video: A brief history of our working tech and an animated timeline of the Komodo Platform.
- Video: Komodo Atomic Swaps Explained.
Also please let us know if you are, or you know, a good GUI developer because we'd love to hear from them. Ask them to DM ca333#0118 or SHossain#8093 on Discord.
25/09/18 - First Round of Feedback
Infographics should use graphical design elements to visually represent the Komodo Architecture Story found here: https://komodoplatform.com/komodo-platform-a-brief-overview/
included in our ‘required reading’. There’s also a bullet point aid: https://medium.com/@benohanlon/bullet-point-aid-to-help-you-the-history-of-komodos-architecture-dced35b29965
you may find useful.
Interim KMD Colour Palette
- We want to stress that the infographic ought to focus on the Architecture story. In the first round we've found many have focused on the five pillars which is a part of it but not the focus.
- Copy should be short and concise and not dominate the infographic. The idea is to simplify the story and not to copy and paste directly from the story.
- Colour Palette - avoid heavy usage of the old KMD green and yellow-orange. Would prefer usage of the interim KMD colour palette.
- Recommended fonts: Montseratt, Roboto, Open Sans, Helvetica, or Arial.
- Graphical - Imagery should complement the associated copy. Diagrams are encouraged in place of simple icons to explain more complex technology concepts.
- Interim KMD colour palette
If you’ve not been included in the first round it’s because the submission hadn’t been made when the team reviewed. Don’t worry though because we’re organising hangouts and further feedback to help.
- #001 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by thesudio. There’s a lot of good points made, however, these would work better if there is a clear narrative and flow to the information being presented. Otherwise, it can be overwhelming and confusing to the reader. The #1 objective is to visually depict the architecture story and how KMD is redefining blockchain platform architecture.
- #002 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by thesudio. We like that there is a clear structure and clear messaging aligned to each of the 5 pillars. However, the infographic should be focused on telling the architecture story vs the pillars.
- #003 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by VolsenVols. Love how you’ve incorporated our existing graphic design elements into the infographic. This is heading in the right direction and the level of copy and content are well balanced. It would be nice to align this closer to the architecture story and to expand on the different layers of our technology using the same style.
- #004 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by dexter_laabo. Needs to tell the architecture story. This looks more like it took information from our current website. “Anonymous” is not a key aspect of our technology that we’re focusing on.
- #005 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by savandra. The visuals are strong but the narrative could be stronger. It would be nice to align this closer to the architecture story and to expand on the different layers of our technology using the same style.
- #006 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by VolsenVols. Team prefers the other submission style in entry #003.
- #007 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by cryptol1. Doesn’t depict the architecture narrative. Inaccurately describes cross-chain tech as “proprietary”. Simplification has the wrong messaging associated, should be white-label focused. This is considered more of a graphics versus an infographic. Needs to be more comprehensive.
- #008 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by pacosenda. We like the unique design style and approach taken. Doesn’t follow the architecture narrative. Should be expanded out as it is a bit short on content with no clear flow or narrative.
- #009 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by jeanetteLine. Great level of detail and thought on the layout and content. Doesn’t, however, cover the architecture story. Would be preferred if the design direction reflects interim colour and style vs. legacy KMD. The roadmap should be avoided. Looks like they borrowed more from the website than the guidelines.
- #010 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by Meyse. Very creative way to explain and layout the content. This could be expanded out more to encompass the entire architecture story. Cross-chain verifications/smart contracts, blockchain bridging need to be incorporated in.
- #011 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by Brenny431. Follows the 5 pillars versus the architecture story. Would prefer stronger visuals and design elements.
- #012 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by ProofDraw. Design elements are good but need to follow architecture story versus 5 pillars.
- #013 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by sayonara_girl. Needs to follow the architecture story.
- #014 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by Limiter02. Good thought has gone into the copy, however, there’s way too much of it. Would prefer stronger visuals and utilizing a more visual storytelling approach. Doesn’t follow the architecture story. Remove the lizard.
- #015 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by piptothemoon. Great thought into visually representing key points. Needs to be expanded out to incorporate the architecture story, but this is heading in the right direction from a visual storytelling POV.
- #016 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by thecryptofoundation. Love the timeline approach, and mostly followed the guidelines and architecture story. Also, like the incorporation of accomplishments at the end. Would like to get the stock imagery used to reflect our interim colour palette. Not all visuals match what is being represented in the copy.
- #017 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by jsteneros. As discussed in the Zoom call, this graphic is really solid but a little heavy on the copy. Would be good to see more visualizations of the info. This graphic hits on some of the important messages (e.g. Komodo is built differently from other blockchain platforms and solves many of the issues that first-gen platforms are struggling with) but it would be great if there was more information about Komodo’s architecture and how Komodo is different from other platforms.
- #018 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by gravigocrypto. This one was also discussed in the Zoom call. Outstanding visuals and overall design. The info follows the architecture story well but could be stronger if the 3 layers of Komodo’s architecture were tied together into one, coherent visual. It’s a challenging task but that’s part of the contest : )
- #019 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by PacoSenda. This is a really creative infographic, which is great! However, we’d really like to see the visuals a bit more in line with fonts and color palette described above in the “First Round of Feedback” section. Also, as with the feedback for many of the infographic submissions, sticking to the Komodo architecture story would be best.
- #020 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by emmanmalaman. The visuals are pretty cool but this one misses most of our core messaging. It would be much stronger if it followed the architecture story and touched on the info provided in this post. There’s definitely potential here but it needs some work.
- #021 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by immimidada. The colors and visuals here are spot-on. It’s also really great that it sets up the problem and then presents the Komodo solution. However, the problem and solution aren’t defined exactly the way we’d like. Check out the architecture narrative to learn more, and try to follow that story a bit more closely.
- #022 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by mohitgfx3. This one is a bit heavy on the KMD logos. We’re really hoping to see a visualization of Komodo’s infrastructure architecture. As with the feedback for many of the infographics, it would be best to re-read Komodo’s architecture story and try to stick to that as much as possible. Using images from the current website is also not a great approach, as we’re preparing to launch a new site in the coming months.
- #023 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by u/sayonara_girl. Some of the visuals are cool! It’s missing the narrative we’re looking for. In general, less copy and more visual storytelling would improve this graphic a lot. We’d like to see a smooth, linear flow of information. Take another look at the architecture story and try to follow that narrative.
- #024 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by brunopugens. This one follows the narrative well! But it’s a little heavy on the copy. It would be much stronger if the architecture was displayed visually, rather than explained with text. Also, the design is cool but it’s difficult to read b/c the perspective of the text is skewed. It’s a really cool idea but might be better to put the text flat for the sake of readability and clarity.
We hosted a round of live feedback sessions via Zoom. The recording is here: https://soundcloud.com/blockchainists/zoom-call-first-round-of-feedback-for-komodos-infographic-contest#t=3:50
The first block
in the KMD blockchain was mined just under two years ago, on September 13, 2016 to 9:04 PM. Since then, Komodo has demonstrated a commitment to innovation and established a history of execution
- February 21, 2016 — The vision for Komodo Platform is born with jl777’s Declaration of Independence.
- September 13, 2016 — The first block in the KMD chain is mined.
- October 15, 2016 — Komodo’s initial coin offering (ICO) is launched.
- November 20, 2016 — Komodo’s ICO comes to a close with a total of 2,639 BTC raised.
- January 2017 — The Komodo Mainnet is launched, complete with independent assetchains and delayed Proof of Work security.
- January 31, 2017 — The KMD coins purchased in the ICO are issued.
- March 2017 — Komodo’s development team develops one of the first atomic swap protocols.
- July 2017 — Thousands of atomic swaps are made in a public, observable setting.
- August 2017 — Private, zero-knowledge trades made possible with Jumblr, Komodo’s native shuffler.
- October 2017 — Komodo develops a way to make atomic swaps in SPV Mode (“Lite Mode”), thus eliminating the need for traders to download entire blockchains to do atomic swaps.
- November 2017 — First GUI for Komodo’s atomic-swap-powered decentralized exchange (DEX) is released, making atomic swap trading more accessible than ever before.
- January 2018 — The mobile version of Agama wallet is released.
- February 2018 — A public stress test allows 13,900 atomic swaps in a 48 hour period.
- March 2018 — Komodo bridges the gap between Bitcoin-protocol-based coins and Ethereum-based ERC-20 tokens, providing support for 95% of coins and tokens in existence.
- March 2018 — Komodo holds its second annual Notary Node Elections.
- May 2018 — The world’s first decentralized ICO is held on Komodo Platform.
- June 2018 — The alpha release of HyperDEX, a new GUI for Komodo’s decentralized exchange, is launched.
- July 2018 — Komodo enters a partnership with Netcoins, making KMD coins available for purchase with fiat currencies at over 21,000 locations across three continents.
- July 2018 — Komodo announces the 5 Pillars of Blockchain technology and begins introducing some Komodo 2.0 technology features, like Federated Multi-Chain Syncing and Cross-Chain Smart Contracts.
- August 2018 — Komodo takes two big steps towards mass adoption, announces a collaboration with Ideas By Nature, an industry-leading blockchain agency, and releases a full briefing on the development on UTXO-based smart contracts.
- Cryptomiso.com is a website that ranks 866 different blockchain projects according to the Github commit history of that project’s most popular repo. Komodo is ranked #1 overall for Github commits over the last 12 months.
- China's Ministry Research Initiative regularly ranks Komodo in the top 10.
- Binance CEO highlights Komodo (see this Five Bullet Friday edition for more info).
If you would like to update your post, please edit and add to the post so people can see the different iterations. Entries and submissions for the infographic contest. You can click here to see them all in a scrollable thread on Twitter.
I'm looking for some help with PyQt5, I'm pretty good with tkinter but have been trying to get into learning a more powerful GUI tool. Please don't shout at me for this obvious question.
I have been creating a tabbed GUI for an automated trader to be used with Binance (Crypto trading). I think i'm struggling with the parent / child relationships of it all. Code is below.
Right down at the bottom you'll see i'm trying to add a simple label to the summary tab i created. The label is called BitcoinPriceLabel. How do i then add that label to the Summary_Tab?
Thanks for the help!
import sys from PyQt5.QtWidgets import * #QApplication, QWidget from PyQt5.QtGui import *
def __init__(self): super().__init__()
def initUI(self): #This section adds all the items in initiation. #PosX, PosY, SizeX, SizeY self.setGeometry(100, 100, 1024, 768)
self.setWindowTitle('Jakes Python Binance Trader') self.setWindowIcon(QIcon('Binance_Logo.png')) self.statusBar().showMessage('Ready to go...') MainLayout=QVBoxLayout(self)
#Settings for tooltips QToolTip.setFont(QFont('SansSerif', 10))
#Button example #ExampleButton = QPushButton('The Button', self) #ExampleButton.setToolTip('This is an example Push Button') #ExampleButton.resize(ExampleButton.sizeHint()) #ExampleButton.move(50,50) self.CreateFileMenu() self.CreateTabs() self.CreateSummaryTab() self.show()
def CreateFileMenu(self): #This function defines all buttons on the menu bar and adds them to #The main window #Define actions to be added into the menu bar exitAct = QAction(QIcon('exit.png'), '&Exit', self) exitAct.setShortcut('Ctrl+Q') exitAct.setStatusTip('Exit application') exitAct.triggered.connect(qApp.quit)
def CreateTabs(self): self.MainWidget=QWidget(self) self.Tablayout = QVBoxLayout(self.MainWidget) Main_Window_Tab_Widget=QTabWidget(self)
#Define a bunch of tabs Summary_View = QWidget() Summary_View_Layout = QVBoxLayout(Summary_View) Main_Window_Tab_Widget.addTab(Summary_View,'Summary View')
Trade_Rules= QWidget() Trade_Rules_Layout = QVBoxLayout(Trade_Rules) Main_Window_Tab_Widget.addTab(Trade_Rules, 'Trade Rules')
Trade_Log= QWidget() Trade_Log_Layout = QVBoxLayout(Trade_Rules) Main_Window_Tab_Widget.addTab(Trade_Log, 'Trade Log')
Profit_Loss= QWidget() Profit_Loss_Layout = QVBoxLayout(Trade_Rules) Main_Window_Tab_Widget.addTab(Profit_Loss, 'Profit/Loss')
Settings_Tab= QWidget() Settings_Tab_Layout = QVBoxLayout(Settings_Tab) Main_Window_Tab_Widget.addTab(Settings_Tab, 'Settings')
#Add tabs to main window self.Tablayout.addWidget(Main_Window_Tab_Widget) self.setCentralWidget(self.MainWidget)
def CreateSummaryTab(self): self.BitcoinPriceLabel = QLabel("Bitcoin / USD") How do I add this to the Summary Tab defined above?
if __name__ == '__main__': app = QApplication(sys.argv) ex = Example() sys.exit(app.exec_())
Crypto Currency Icon Web Font. Cryptohopper Review: Cryptocurrency Trading Bot Platform. Are you seeking to start trading the multi-billion buck cryptocurrency sector, however have little to no experience? If so, it could be worth considering the qualities of a cryptocurrency trading bot. Crypto Currency Icon Web Font. This will permit you to deal digital money without requiring to sit at your ... Trade over 40 cryptocurrencies and enjoy the lowest trading fees in America. Fintech Icon Set. Icons by Iconshock. If you are a fan of the line style, which can be seen in a ton of websites, then take a look at the three packs below. All these freebies skillfully benefit from a refined outlined design. Cryptocurrency Icons Set by Daviann Bespoke. Cryptocurrency Icons Set by Daviann Bespoke demonstrates bitcoin in several general concepts that are modern and ... Enter your email on the registration page and set your login password. Read the Binance P2P terms and click “Register”. Step 3. Enter your email and password, then click “Log in”. Step 4. After you log in to the Binance app, click the user icon on the top left to complete identity verification. Then click “Fiat settings” to complete ... icon font. iconic. icons. icon set. logo. logo font. logos. logotype. money. money font . token. virtual money. Add to Album Licensing. Desktop; Webfont; Digital Ads; App; ePub; Server; About This Font Family "Crypto Currency - Block Chain" quickly entered our lives and its use is increasing day by day. Blockchain became more popular in web, TV and printed works. It is necessary to use their ... Binance has a useful shortcut for entering the purchase amount and it is based on a percentage of your bitcoin balance (or any other appropriate trading pair). Let’s spend 50 percent of the BTC ... Cryptocurrency Icons. This project contains over 6000 icons – almost 400 crypto currencies, in 4 styles and a range of sizes. Completely free. All we ask is that you don’t claim them as your own, and share this resource with others. We also have some fiat currencies: USD, GBP, EUR, JPY, CNY, RUB.(We don't intend to add more) Making Limit Orders on Binance. The price will be set at the last trade price by default. You can manually edit this number and select whatever you would like. Choosing a price far above the closest sell orders in the order book will result in a “market buy” up to that price-point (or as close to it as the amount your spending will afford you). Binance also gives you a quick, one-button ... From The Travis van der Font Wiki. Jump to: navigation, ... ICON (ICX) 3 Charts; Tradingview: ICX/USD: Binance: Tradingview: ICX/BTC: Binance: Binance: ICX/BTC: Binance: CoinMarketCap: CoinCodex: Markets (CMC) Lisk (LSK) lisk.io: Coinpaprika: CoinMarketCap: r/Lisk: Monero (XMR) Private digital cash Nano (NANO/XRB) Fast/scalable digital cash / Low-latency payment platform Proof of Stake (PoS ... Get free icons of Trading in iOS, Material, Windows and other design styles for web, mobile, and graphic design projects. The free images are pixel perfect to fit your design and available in both png and vector. Download icons in all formats or edit them for your designs.
CryptoRobert's quick and easy tutorial on how easy it is to send Bitcoin or Ethereum to Binance using GDAX. You read that correctly. ANYONE can use GDAX to quickly fund not just your Binance ... 🚨 MEGA BITCOIN BLUEPRINT SALE 🚨 https://www.btcblueprint.com 🔥 Up To $600 Discount - Limited Time 🔥 🔲 My Top 3 Recommended Exchanges 🔵 Phemex http ... Big announcement from Binance, they were just hacked for 7000 BTC. Take a listen. Article: https://binance.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028031711 Become... Further, I have another video I will post later today explaining why you should be using Binance and the special experiment we will be doing with our Binance account and everyone on our team. It ... Hey Krypto Fans,willkommen zur Bitcoin-Informant Show Nr. 572 Heute geht's um folgende Themen: Binance vor dem Kollaps, Thailand ICO Portal & Wachstum von Bitcoin schlecht für das Bankensystem ... #Bitcoin Addressing the audience at the ongoing #BlockShow Asia 2019, CEO of Crypto.com #Kris #Marszalek stated this is going to be the most liquid and secure exchange platform for cryptocurrency. In today's video, we take a look at the binance expected acquisition of coinmarketcap and whether or not this is good for crypto. If you would like to be highlighted on my channel please reach out ... Binance is blocking US residence soon. Are you wondering which alternative Bitcoin and Crypto exchanges to use? If so tune in! Become a CryptosRus INSIDER to gain exclusive insight on the market ... Bitcoin Wallet Bitcoin Wealth Binance Binance Coin Binance DEX Binance Exchange Binance Trading Coinbase Coinbase Pro Coinbase Pro Tutorial Coinbase Scam Coinbase Trading Coinbase Tutorial ... Is it the calm before the storm? Binance opens trading and not much has happened. But is a huge breakout coming? Let's take a look. Become a CryptosRus INSIDER to gain exclusive insight on the ...